UAE Free Zone
UAE Local Market is called Mainland and consists of all areas which are accessible to all local traders, distributors and suppliers. These areas do not come under any free zone designated for international import and export business. All Licenses in Mainland Area are issued by the respective Emirate’s Department of Economic Development (DED) and the available licenses are as per the related categories of the business. DED issues the trade license under following categories.
Like UAE Mainland, Free Zone offers same license categories as Commercial, Professional and Industrial Licenses but the objectives differ or such companies for the following reasons.
- 100% foreign ownership is allowed.
- Exemption from all import duties
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- No Physical Office required. Free Zone offers smart office facility which is actually a flexi desk available in the business center of the respective free zone authority and it comes with a “plug in and go” option to facilitate new entrants a cost-effective option on the incorporation costs.
- Freedom from corporate taxation, (zero percent as applied throughout Dubai), with the added bonus of a renewable 15 years guarantee in the free zone.
- Abundant inexpensive energy.
- Simple and efficient recruitment procedures ensuring the availability of a competitive skilled and experienced workforce.
- A high level of administrative support from the Free Zone Authorities.
- UAE Resident Visas allowed.
Ownership structures are defined by all the respective free zone as follows:
A Free Zone Establishment – or FZE
FZE an establishment formed and registered within the Free Zones and regulated solely by the Free Zone authorities. A FZE need only have a single shareholder and is an independent legal entity. Any company, organization or individual wishing to form a Free Zone Establishment must submit a completed application to the Free Zone authorities.
A Free Zone Company/Limited Liability Company – or FZC/FZ-LLC
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) A FZ-LLC is an independent legal entity, with individual shareholders, corporate shareholder(s) or a mixture of both individual and corporate shareholders. Free Zone Company is similar to FZE . However, Free Zone Company (FZC) allows multiple share holding (maximum 5 shareholders).
Key Free Zones in UAE
|Dubai Free Zones|
|Dubai Airport Free Zone||Dubai Biotechnology & Research Park||Dubai Gold and Diamond Park||Dubai International Financial Centre|
|Dubai Motor City||Dubai Flower Centre||Dubai Healthcare City||Dubai Internet City|
|Dubai Knowledge Village||Dubai Maritime City||Dubai Multi Commodity Centre||Dubai Silicon Oasis|
|Dubai Logistics City||Dubai Media City||Dubai Outsource Zone||Dubai Studio City|
|Dubai Sports City||Enpark||International Humanitarian City||International Media Production Zone|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone||Techno Park||Dubai South Free Zone||Dubai Industrial City|
|Dubai Logistics City||Dubai Academic City|
|Abu Dhabi and Rest of UAE Free Zones|
|Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone||Abu Dhabi Ports Company||Masdar City||twofour54|
|Khalifa Industrial Zone||Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone||AJMAN Free Zone Authority||Fujairah Creative City|
|Fujairah Free Zone||Hamriyah Free Zone||RAK Free Zone||RAK Investment Authority|
|Sharjah Airport Free Zone||ZonesCorp|
AYLIYAGLOBAL Services related to Free Zone Company Formation includes but not limited to:
- Consultancy on Company Incorporation Procedures
- Trade name reservation & approval
- Drafting, Legalization and Initial Approval from Free Trade Zone.
- Drafting and Legalization with Ministry of Economy
- Renting out Commercial Facility if required (i.e. Shop, Office, Warehouse)
- Signing the lease agreement of Smart Office and Commercial Facility (i.e. Shop, Office, Warehouse)
- Documentation, Legalization and Registration of company with Ministry of Immigration (DNRD)
- Introduction to Banker for opening Bank Account
- Visa services, emirates ID card etc – (Advise only)